[Mailman-Users] Wrapper

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Tue Jun 11 23:56:51 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 10:25 am, Tracy Snell wrote:
> I just installed mailman. Perms check out OK. Web interface works fine. I
> go to the subscribe page and sign up for my test list. I get the e-mail.
> When I reply to it Postfix shows that it's delivered to wrapper with no
> error. From there it disappears. No error in any logs that I can find.
> /home/mailman/logs only shows entries from the web page activity, none from
> the subscription reply I sent. Any ideas?

You need to install the cron jobs found in cron/crontab.in (path relative to
your Mailman installation prefix).

Conventional wisdom also has the qrunner process running as a daemon, but in
my system I have it set to do a once-per-minute cron job with a line like this:

* * * * * /usr/bin/python -S /path-to-mailman/bin/qrunner --once -r All

("All" is case-sensitive!)

Note that this cron job is in the mailman user's personal crontab, NOT the
system (root) crontab.

This reduces CPU consumption on servers such as mine where list traffic is
light.

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them