[Mailman-Users] Exim and mimefilter (on debian)

Bob Stout rbs at snippets.org
Tue Jun 11 18:39:32 CEST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> I am trying to set up mailman on debian woody and am interested in using
> mimefilter to remove unwanted attachments.
>
> Now, I am a bit confused. The documentation of mimefilter almost
> exclusively mentions smartlist, the Mailman FAQ[0] mentions mimefilter
> but only that it can be used, not how.
>
> Also I'm trying to combine Mailman with exim. I have read about how one
> can avoid aliases by using recipies in exim. But the documentation[1]
> seemes outdated, in debian Mailman home isn't /home/mailman anymore.
>
> I believe that the solution is to replace the standard wrapper with the
> mimefilter in some way. But I have just recently switched from redhat
> and the familiar sendmail to exim so I don't quite feel comfortable with
> doing wild hacks with exim on my own yet.
>
> So, has anyone on the list any experiense on a setup with exim and
> mimefilter, or any other experience of the above to share with me.

We just started up a new list using Mailman and Demime which seems to just
fine. You might check it out at <http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html>.

We're also using Debian and Exim. Unfortunately, the actual installation
and configuration was done by someone else, but I will forward your
message to him in case he can help.

MicroFirm: Down to the C in chips...
   Home of the SNIPPETS archives and the
   DIY Loudspeaker Driver Selection Guide (LDSG):
http://www.snippets.org/