[Mailman-Users] index & nomail for Mailman??

Beartooth karhunhammas at Lserv.com
Sat Jul 27 18:07:50 CEST 2002

	Do things at all like "Set <listname> Index" and "Set
<listname> Nomail" exist for Mailman subscribers? I followed
Mailman-users long enough to conclude that it was beyond me to
administer on my own machine, and don't recall ever venturing to
ask.

	My favorite, of the lists I subscribe to, does run on
Mailman -- and is busier at times than I can keep up with.

	My second favorite, far busier than the first, runs on
listserv, fortunately for me. I keep it set to Index when I have
time for it at all, and to Nomail when I don't -- which has the
advantage that I am still subscribed, for purposes of the
restriction that says only subscribers can post. If something
urgent enough to need it should come up while I'm not receiving, I
*can* post it without hassling the moderators.

	I would like very much to do the same two things on the
favorite, but neither of the moderators there knows of a way.
They are moderators, after all, and very fine ones, too -- but not
managers; they don't go in for technicalia much, and have back-up
from people who do.

	If those options don't exist, under some name I fail to
guess, is there any hope of getting them in the forseeable future?

--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
double retiree, linux hatchling running pine 4.43 on ISP's SunOS 5.8;