[Mailman-Users] setting up an outgoing-only list?

Phil Glatz phil at glatz.com
Sat Jul 27 22:57:22 CEST 2002

Would Mailman be appropriate for an outgoing-only style list?

I'd like to the it to send newsletters and announcements, but not allow
others to post.  I would be subscribing the members directly, from a list
generated by a database.

I would allow members to unsubscribe themselves via an email or the web
interface.  They would not be able to do anything else from the web
interface, since none of the other features of a regular discussion list
would be available.  I figure that allowing the administrator to be the
only poster would solve most of the issues.

Maybe Mailman is overkill for this?  I like the ability to administer
membership from the admin page, and to use it as a delivery agent.

If anyone is doing this, I'd appreciate any wisdom you've accumulated as
far as configuration.