[Mailman-Users] Mailman Install Issues

Christopher Van Oosterhout chris at vanoosterhout.com
Wed Jul 17 21:10:24 CEST 2002

Hello All,

I have used Mailman in the past on other servers and really appreciated
it.  Now it is time to change servers and I am having some problems.

First of all I have an issue that it appears from my searching that there
is not currently a solution for.  I am running Red Hat 7.x ... it is my
understanding that there is no practical and safe way to upgrade these
machines to the version of Python needed to operate the latest Mailman
version.  Is that correct?

Now on to the more pressing problem.  I am trying to install
Mailman.  Every time when I complete the ./configure command and then run
make install  I get an error saying that there is no target for install and
make stops.

Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?

Christopher