[Mailman-Users] Many installations on one server

Ciaran Johnston cj at nologic.org
Mon Jul 15 17:47:26 CEST 2002

Hi Alexis,
I don't know if I can be of any help, but I have just successfully set up
Mailman on top of a qmail installation running name-based virtual servers
using vpopmail. I used the qmail-to-mailman.py script in the contrib
directory of the source distribution of Mailman.

In order to get qmail to pipe mail through to your mailman app, you should
put the following into the .qmail-default file in your domain's home
directory (if using vmailmgr - I think that's what it does) or in
/home/vpopmail/domaiins/mydomain1.com

|/preline /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/domain1.com/qmail-to-mailman.py

Also the qmail-to-mailman.py script expects "mailman-" to be the prefix to
the mail, so you need to hack the script to change this to "domain1.com-" if
using vpopmail.

Try 'tail -f'ing your maillog files as you send messages, this will show you
more of what's happening.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Regards,
Ciaran.