[Mailman-Users] Subscribe/Un-Subscribe via e-mail, not web

Support Desk cprg at cprg.net
Tue Jul 9 20:36:54 CEST 2002

Actually, a form like that could be dangerous; unscrupulous
bum could subscribe enemy to multiple lists at once, and
although the actual subscriptions would not activate, due
to Mailman's required confirmation process, it could easily
harass the receiver, and the list manager, for lists that
require manager approval, or that send the manager
notice of new subs/unsubs. That said, here are some links:

Build a custom script for managing subscribers:
http://subscriber.newfieldcash.com/ this is especially useful
for lists that are on mutiple servers, running multiple
listserve clients <you mean there are others?>
and is not specific to Mailman.

Or, if you'd rather not spend $35 here's examples you
could probably hack to suit your request, if you have more time
than money: <don't we all?>  :-)

http://www.kidsource.com/subscribe.html
http://htk.eng.cam.ac.uk/mailing/subscribe_mail.shtml

Have fun!