[Mailman-Users] Membership List

Chris O'Neill chris at joinco.ca
Sun Jul 7 02:10:00 CEST 2002

DUH!!!!  Silly me!  I was looking for a complex solution when, all the time, a simple
one was available!

Thanks, Bob!  I'm sure I can cobble-up something using list_members in a cron job.

Regards,

Chris

On 6 Jul 2002 at 16:30, Bob Weissman wrote:

> Mailing list database files are not human readable. For this purpose, you
> want to use the ~mailman/bin/list_members command.
>
> - Bob
>

> At 10:52 AM 7/5/02, you wrote:
> >Can someone please tell me the location of the file(s) containing the list
> >of members to the mailing list(s), and whether this file is human
> >readable?  I'd like to use this file to:
> >
> >1.  create a back-up in another location, in case the system crashes
> >2.  e-mail the list of members to the list-owner(s) once in awhile (via
> >cron) so that they can keep a back-up on their system as well, if they
> >wish
> >
> >I've hunted high and low, and can't seem to find the file containing the
> >membership list.  Must be getting old, I guess.  :-)  Any and all help
> >would be appreciated, including suggestions on how to accomplish the above
> >if there's another way.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Chris
Chris O'Neill (chris at joinco.ca)
Joinco Enterprises Inc., Edmonton, AB Canada
Web:  http://www.joinco.ca