[Mailman-Users] Line wrapping in Archives

Bob Puff@NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Sun Jul 7 01:10:34 CEST 2002

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been having the same problem as described in the old message
> > copied
> > below, and have not found anything in the Mailman archives. Has
> > anyone come
> > up with a solution?
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > -Susan
>
> Someone responded to that a few days ago.  Although I don't recall
> the exact response it was something like, it is not the
> responsibility of the list software to do line wrapping.

I totally disagree.  I ended up modifying pipermail to "do the right thing" and render the text as it would do to html: wrap per the screen size, just like real mail
clients should.  It's not a real simple thing, but it involves taking out the <pre> stuff, converting all the <, >, etc.. symbols, spaces, but then you're set.  If I get
some time soon, I'll try and post the code.  If not, email me directly.

Bob