[Mailman-Users] long lines

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Thu Jul 4 20:59:12 CEST 2002

On Thursday 04 July 2002 02:43 pm, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 July 2002 07:10 am, Bausch, Jean wrote:
> >> Is there a configuration item to make Mailman break down very long
> >> lines?
> >>
> >> Most of my mailing lists' members are using Outlook 2000 and their
> >> messages are shown in both the archive view and the html view with
> >> very long lines without any line wrapping. I don't know whether
> >> Outlook or Mailman are to blame for this - but this behaviour is
> >> rather annoying.
>
> After quite a time as postmaster, and suffering InBlind (OutLook's real
> name) since it started to appear. That thing is one of the worst mail UAs
> I've ever seen. So, I, always, when in doubt, blame InBlind.

I only use Outhouse when I absolutely must do so, which is very rarely. It
tends to crash a lot and take with it the mail archives, which of course are
in a proprietary, binary format so that they are difficult to recover.

(I notice that your domain is in .es, so I might need to explain that in the
USA, the word "outhouse" means "outdoor toilet." It seems a fitting nickname
for a product that is as bad as InBlind! I've also heard it called "Lookout!")

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them