[Mailman-Users] How many emails address i need??

Detlef Neubauer detlef.neubauer at charite.de
Thu Jul 4 15:46:12 CEST 2002

jorgefm at cirsa.com writes:

> detlef.neubauer at charite.de writes:
>
> >> So, how many emails address i need if i want to made a mailing list
> >> call 'curso_linux' including the mailman management ?
> >
> >curso_linux at domain.tld
> >curso_linux-request at domain.tld
> >curso_linux-admin at domain.tld
>
> Is there no needs to a email address like 'mailman-owner at domain.tld' ?

Yes you need this is address.

> Another questions: How does the mailman gets the emails requests?

Mailman gets the mails from the MTA/MDA.

> Where i have to put the emails address configuration, the email user
> and password account ?

Did you mean the subscribers? This data was stored in the file
config.db in ~/mailman/lists/list/config.db.

Usualy people subscribe themselves into the list. If you have a list
with mail addresses you can mass subscribe them in the membership
management page. Or if you are the mailman admin, you can do it with
the add_members script on the commandline.

> I suppose that the mailman have to read the emails from the
> 'curso_linux at domain.tld', then i have to set up how to get thats
> emails ?

Yes, a mail that was send to "curso_linux at domain.tld" goes to the list
and mailman delivers it to all members of the list.

> The mail server have to be in the same machine that the mailman ?

It can be the same, it's not a must.

Hola
Detlef Neubauer

--