[Mailman-Users] Turn off password reminders!

Mark Toomey mark at fcs.uga.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:35:27 CEST 2002

Hey folks,

I've just migrated 20 or so lists from Mercury on Netware to Mailman on
Linux. Most things went nominally, but I want to turn off the password
reminders for all of my users.

I've done what I thought would do so in the Admin page under "Send monthly
password reminders or no? Overrides the previous option. " by setting it to
'no' but now the subscribers to the list are getting slammed with password
reminders, (which, they have no idea what they mean, having come from a list
server that did not have such a function).

Can I just mark the /var/mailman/cron/mailpasswds script 000 so it won't
run or will that cause more problems?

--

Mark Toomey, Systems & Network Manager
Family & Consumer Sciences, UGA