[Mailman-Users] Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.

Juan Luis Baptiste jbaptiste at merlinux.javeriana.edu.co
Mon Jan 28 18:29:30 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to install mailman for the first time in a Mandrake 8.0 box
with postfix as the MTA agent. I have done everything the documentation
says, but I'm having this problem. When I try to subscribe to a newly
created list, the mail bounces back with this error message:

<merlinux-request at merlinux.javeriana.edu.co>: Command died with status 2:
"/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd merlinux". Command output:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take
99?)

Looking at the mail log at /var/log/messages/mail/errors, I see this
message every time I reply to the confirmation request mail:

Jan 23 16:19:00 merlinux Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.
WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)
Jan 23 16:19:00 merlinux procmail[4003]: Attempt to fake stamp by
"jbaptiste"

I have ran the check_perms with the -f flag as mailman user and every
thing seems ok.

Can anyone give me a clue on this?

Thanks!

--