[Mailman-Users] gate_news

Christopher Molnar molnarc at pandmservices.com
Mon Jan 21 04:00:51 CET 2002

(Sorry if this is a dupe, but I had some problems getting it to the list)

Hello,

 I have started to use mailman to be  an interface from and to several
mailling
lists and newsgroups at news.uslinuxtraining.com. The inbound
(maillist-->newsgroups) works perfectly, however I do have a question before
I enable the outbound (newsgroups-->maillists).

 I am not the origionating host for most of these lists. If I receive a
message
in (for example from mail.kde.org), translate this to news, what prevents
this message from being sent back to the sending address.

 Example:

 list address is:

kde at mail.kde.org

newsgroup is:

kde.kde

I have one subscriber:

kde at mail.kde.org

This one subscriber should get any posts made to the newsgroup, but NOT any
post that comes in from the mail.kde.org server. (From the list address).

Is this possible?

Thanks,
 -Chris