[Mailman-Users] out side mails not going

Logu linuxlog at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 12:11:56 CET 2002

I have installed mailman in madrake 6.0 with sendmail 8.10. Now the problem
is that if a user is from the same domain.com and subscribes using the email
(to list-request at domain.com, sub: subscribe) then s/he is getting a message
for confirmation. If it the email address is from other email ids say from
logu at yahoo.com  then the mail asking for confirmation is not coming.
In the maillog. I find this entry. And there is no To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 02:47:01 logumac sendmail[4844]: g0IAl0N04844:
from=<list-admin at domain.com>, size=1609, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the mailman log(~mailman/log/post) I find all thses as failures.

In other machine which works fine. I find the corresponding entry as follows
and there is a To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 14:41:01 mail sendmail[3033]: OAA03033: from=list-admin at domain.com,
size=1772, class=-60, pri=139772, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200201180911.OAA03033 at domain.com>, proto=ESMTP,
relay=IDENT:mailman at localhost [127.0.0.1]

Is that relay=localhost that matters here.?

Expecting your help. Please cc to email as I am not subscribed for this
list.
-logu