[Mailman-Users] Mailman configuration. Please help me

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Jan 18 18:35:43 CET 2002

soporte tecnico wrote:

> I though that could be the gcc compiler. It isn't in the LINUX system.

    That's because the development package(s) isn't/aren't installed.
You need to install them.

> Then I download it and I try to install.
> When I configure the gcc 3.0.2 abort the configuration saying:
>
> cc: command not found
> 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c ' failed
> You must set the enviroment variable CC to a working compiler.

    In order to _compile_ GCC, you need to already have a working
compiler installed on the system.  However, you don't need to do this.
RedHat offers all of their software as RPM packages that you can
download and install.  Or you can get them from your installation CDs.

    A quick scan on my RH7.1 system reveals the following packages:

    <kirash at speedy:~> rpm -qa | grep gcc
    gcc-objc-2.96-85
    gcc-c++-2.96-85
    gcc-java-2.96-85
    gcc-2.96-85
    kgcc-1.1.2-40
    gcc-g77-2.96-85

    You need those installed.

> Who can I install mailman ????

    Well, you can...once you accomplish the above. :)

    Buena suerte.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.