[Mailman-Users] Mailman wrapper program not working properly ??

mdickerson at officeonweb.net mdickerson at officeonweb.net
Wed Jan 16 21:18:28 CET 2002

Sorry if this has been answered before...

I'm using Mailman 2.0.8 w/ postfix on freebsd 4.5 PRE-.

I have set up a test list. All functions appear to work via the web
interface. The problem is that none of the email subscriptions, posts,
confirmations, etc. via email are working.

They are getting to the server as verified by /var/log/maillog:
Jan 16 13:05:22 lists postfix/local[37774]: D945789D7B:
to=<test2 at lists.officeonweb.net>, relay=local, delay=2, status=sent
("|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post test2")

This should verify that I have properly configured w/ "postalias".
I have also verified that confirmations/subscriptions get to the system
(piped through postfix to Mailman) w/ a similar log entry. The problem is
that it doesn't appear to be handled by mailman from there.

In /usr/local/mailman/logs/, I get nothing in 'error' and only get a new
user logged in 'subscription' when I add them via the web interface. If I
do anything via email, nothing is logged.

/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper is suid and owned by root.

Does anyone know this one??

- or is this documented somewhere (I haven't found)?

Grateful for any assistance.

TIA,

mike