[Mailman-Users] list removal and making a list public

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Jan 9 20:23:32 CET 2002

Yes, you can simply delete it manually from ~mailman/lists/.. and
~mailman/archives/..

Oddly enough, Mailman simply scans the subdirectories in ~mailman/lists/ and
queries the file config.db in the sub-dir for the name and properties of the
lists that it displays.  It does not have a central database of mailing
lists.  Each list is stand-alone.  This makes Mailman quite modular, which
is all-in-all a very good design.

Make sure that you have the Group SU-ID set for the ~mailman directory (and
for the ../lists subdirectory), and that the group owner is "mailman".  If
the cgi-script "listinfo" cannot read the subdirectories under
~mailman/lists then it will not display any as public.

Jon Carnes