[Mailman-Users] Ignoring duplicate messages?

Melanie Dymond Harper mel at vanyel.herald.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 17:43:11 CET 2002

Hi folks,

I've got some users who hit "reply-to-all" and thus wind up with two
copies of the message coming towards the list concerned. I realise that
the best way round this is user education (!), but is there any code within
Mailman which will spot duplicates and ignore them? It is duplicates with
the same Message-ID with which I'm concerned.

Pipermail doesn't let the dupes into the archives but they still show up
in digests and in the text archive.

Cheers

Mel