[Mailman-Users] Web interface saves no settings or info!

Ted M Harapat ted-mailman at mob.net
Thu Feb 21 03:24:48 CET 2002

Solution Found!

Okay, I found what was wrong after playing with nearly countless area of the
system. I had set DEFAULT_URL in mm_cfg.py to be:

DEFAULT_URL         = 'http://virtualhost.mydomain.net/'

instead of

DEFAULT_URL         = 'http://virtualhost.mydomain.net/mailman/'

As soon as I changed it to that, it was as if all the scripts and tools
magically started working even though I had added a number of
Redirect/ScriptAlias/Alias lines in apache's conf files before to make sure that
they were accessing it.

I had it set that original config to hopefully direct anyone to
http://virtualhost.mydomain.net (instead of http://nonvirtual.mydomain.net)
thinking that somewhere there'd be a URL that would send them to the opening
page of my list-server's virtual website instead of to the mailman subdirectory.
Apparently this is a required setting. I'm not even sure why they give me the
option to change it considering the consequences.... but whatever the reason,
I've switched it back and now its all working and I've been working on getting
all my lists in place for good.

Thank you to the 5 or 6 people who were kind enough to offer many suggestions
and send me conf files to try out on my system. I really appreciate the support
(even though it didn't pinpoint this setting that I missed). Hopefully my
Solution post will lead someone else down the right track in the future.

-ted