[Mailman-Users] Web interface saves no settings or info!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Feb 20 18:42:48 CET 2002

Scott Spence wrote:

> ./configure --with-mail-gid=8 --with-cgi-gid=65534
> --prefix=/var/lib/mailman --with-ownername=mail --with-ownergroup=mail
> --prefix=/var/lib/mailman --with-username=mail --host=noggon.com
> --with-groupname=mail

    Um, where did you get --with-ownername and --with-ownergroup from?  Those two options don't exist
in the configure script.

  --with-username       specify a user name other than "mailman"
  --with-groupname      specify a group name other than "mailman"
  --with-mail-gid       specify GID mail programs run as
  --with-cgi-gid        specify GID CGI programs run as

    Also, the --host option doesn't imply a domain name.  The --host option is the type of machine.
This is relevant is you're using a cross-compiler.  And you only need --prefix once.  And with the
above configuration, your crontask _must_ be owned by mail:mail, nor mailman:mailman.

    I run sendmail as mail:mail, and mailman as mailman:mailman and my webserver as httpd:daemon.  My
configure looks something like this:

    ./configure --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=daemon

    I don't need to suply --with-username nor --with-groupname since they stay as mailman:mailman.
The crontask runs as mailman:mailman.  I also don't supply a --prefix since it's installed under the
user mailman's directory.  For you, this changes obviously, however it's not mandatory.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.