[Mailman-Users] Mailing list "aliases"

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 19 23:23:08 CET 2002

Jim.Klachan at nserc.ca wrote:

> Hi, we would like to have one announce-only mailing list that could be
> referred to using two different names. The goal is to support a list with
> bilingual announcements where the list could be referenced by either
> language. Has anyone done something like this?

    You can create two aliases, pointing to the same list:

test: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"

check: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
check: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
check: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"

    Note though that the email being sent FROM the list will always reflect
whatever the actual list name is.  In the above case, that would be 'test'.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.