[Mailman-Users] Changing the list password (when you do not know it)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at netaktiv.com
Thu Feb 14 09:42:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 06:03:17PM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at netaktiv.com> wrote
 a message of 11 lines which said:

> How can I change the list password when I forgot (actually never knew)
> it? config_list does not save it in its output file.

Thanks to Matthew Malthouse and John W Baxter, the solution is to use
the site password (I know it).

The trick is that the admin Web page asks you for the "Current
password" of the list and, since I do not know it, I had to give the
present SITE password. Then, in the "New password" field, I indicate
the new LIST password. Confusing but it works ("Thou can use the site
password each time the list password is asked")