[Mailman-Users] AOL & SMTP_MAX_RCPTS

Rene Churchill rene at vtwebwizard.com
Tue Feb 12 01:01:01 CET 2002

Hi folks,

I'm getting what I think is an odd response from AOL.  My client is sending a large (too bloody large) HTML email newsletter out.  It runs 40-50k each week.  If I attempt to set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to anything higher than one, AOL appears to discard the newsletter.   The performance stinks with SMTP_MAX_RCPTS set that low.  Has anybody else run into this problem?

As a workaround, the AOL members have been moved to a separate mailing list.  Is there any way of setting SMTP_MAX_RCTPS on a per-list basis?  The vast majority of the list is non-AOL and I'd like to speed up their portion of the process at a minimum.

Thanks,
        Rene

René Churchill                         rene at vtwebwizard.com
Vermont Web Wizard, LLC                802-244-5151
Specializing in Web Programming        802-244-5512 (fax)
                 http://www.vtwebwizard.com