[Mailman-Users] Enforcing ASCII in a list

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Sat Feb 9 05:35:59 CET 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Morgan Fletcher wrote:
> With majordomo we had long taboo_body and taboo_headers lists
> containing things like this:

> Is there a way with Mailman 2.0.8 to filter out HTML and attachments,
> per-list?

Look at the privacy page (under list admin) for "Hold posts with..."

> The closest thing I could find to it was this patch, which washes all
> messages to ASCII text, as far as I can tell.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103&func=detail&aid=413752

There are also two perl-based solutions that can be installed in front
of Mailman or Majordomo.  I wrote one of them
(http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html -- it also links to DEMIME,
the other option) and have been using it for almost two years on my
lists.

alex