[Mailman-Users] Enforcing ASCII in a list

Morgan Fletcher morgan at hahaha.org
Sat Feb 9 04:00:34 CET 2002

I'm switching a 1700-person mailing list from majordomo to mailman. I like
mailman a lot, so far, so does the list admin. But there's one thing
missing: The ability to differentiate between and filter out HTML/RTF
messages and MIME attachments. Our list's policy is: no HTML, no
attachments. With majordomo we had long taboo_body and taboo_headers lists
containing things like this:

Is there a way with Mailman 2.0.8 to filter out HTML and attachments,
per-list?

The closest thing I could find to it was this patch, which washes all
messages to ASCII text, as far as I can tell.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103&func=detail&aid=413752

Is this patch the only solution? Any caveats that I should know about, WRT
the patch?

Thanks,

Morgan