[Mailman-Users] Point directly to listinfo

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 11:10:06 CET 2002

At 14:47 06/02/2002 -0500, Lafleur Maurice wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestion, but I am  not sure of the exact meaning of your
>solution.
>
>Here's what Ii understand:
>
>I checked my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file and yes it says:
>
>LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
>
>in the file.
>
>Then I copied the lines you suggest in that file (I placed them right
>after the ScriptAlias lines)
>I restarted the httpd daemon (killall -HUP httpd) and accessed my site.
>Same page as before. Am I missing a step?

Looks like your Apache is dynamically loading modules as you have:

LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so

and below that somewhere I'd expect the following line:

AddModule mod_rewrite.c

And you need to add the following lines:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/$ /mailman/listinfo [PT]
RewriteRule ^/index.html$ /mailman/listinfo [PT]

I suspect the only thing that was missing was the RewriteEngine On. Add
that and restart Apache.