[Mailman-Users] cookies

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Wed Feb 6 07:22:24 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:38:31AM +0000, Oliver Egginger wrote:
> > > For some reason, konqueror sends back cookies with " marks around them.
> >
> > But this should mean that konqueror somehow works with mailman 2.05, right?
> > (I have a konqueror user complaining that it's not working either)
>
> I havn't tried MM 2.05 but 2.06 was still working.
> Since 2.07 it doesn't work.
> Other people reporting the same:
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/36/36524.html
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/35/35153.html

Some other person reported the same problem to me today (against mailman on
lists.sf.net, which is based on mm 2.0.5), and I just reproduced it with
konqueror 2.2.1 on my laptop right now.

However, I  think I "solved" the  mystery. The SF.net mailman does  have the
cookie patch that used  to crash python 1.5.x in some  cases, and that patch
is probably  what breaks konqueror  now (and  I'm guessing that's  the patch
that went in mm 2.07)

Either way, as long as I know it's a konqueror problem, that's fine :-)

Marc