[Mailman-Users] weekly *AND* daily digest from the same list

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 14:24:10 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 13:09, Lafleur Maurice wrote:
> Is there a way to have MM generate both daily *and* weekly digest of the
> same mailing list?

No.  Asking again won't help either [See *note]

Nearest compromise is starting a second list which is digest only and is
subscribed to the first list (or the original alias into the list
duplicates the message to both lists).

Frankly I fail to see while this is useful.  If you have a low traffic
list where some days don't have any messages then your daily digests
just won't happen on some days.  If you have a higher traffic list then
your weekly digests will be flushed several times a week by the size
constraint - taking the size constraint off will result in digests that
are too big to be read comfortably.

	Nigel.

[*Note]
It seems to be getting more common that people posting queries to the
list believe they are owed timely answers and keep repeating the
question until someone answers.  Its worked in this case - which means I
am sending the wrong signal out here.  So starting from now, when I see
a repeated question like this I will either ignore it or privately flame
the originator depending on how bad a day its been.  Pretty much the
same applies to those who mail me privately apparently believing I owe
them answers to their problems, and my employers pay me to answer their
questions.