[Mailman-Users] Virtual domain HOW TO/FAQ/support

John Buttery john at io.com
Wed Dec 18 05:00:06 CET 2002

* Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> [2002-12-17 22:28:08 -0500]:
> Good point, he did specifically mention the web pages - so why didn't
> you answer the question...?

  Well, mostly it's because most of the best answers on this list come
from you, so I half-assumed my answer was misguided (I know it isn't
wrong, because I have Mailman working using sendmail without having
edited genericstable).  Secondarily because I didn't know the answer.
:)

> The best answer on the web page displays is to use the latest beta which
> has better support for virtual domains.

  Personally, I'm not really much help on this, due to the fact that it
just worked "out of the box" for me.  I'm using the hostname
"lists.domain.com" instead of the machine's primary name and it works
OK; I had to configure Mailman to use this hostname, but I didn't have
to do any fancy footwork with it or the MTA...

 John Buttery
                                     (Web page temporarily unavailable)