[Mailman-Users] No mail sent to other domains

Torsten Ehlers tehlers at freenet.de
Sat Dec 14 19:55:55 CET 2002

Hi,

I've installed Mailman 2.0.13 from source under Debian Linux 3.0 (MTA is
qmail) and everything seemed to be working fine as long as I only tested
it with local mail addresses (i.e. addresses from the same domain that
mailman is working in). Subscribing, configuring (via Web and mail) and
sending mails works.
But then, subscribing mail addresses from other domains (I tried
different domains) doesn't work at all. When I subscribe such an address
this address never receives a message (not even the first welcome
message). But the welcome messages get logged in mailman's ./logs/bounce
file and the subscribes are marked as "pending" in ./logs/subscribe. I
have no idea why those messages get bounced, though. I couldn't find
anything in the FAQ or Documentation either. Can anyone help me? Thanks
a lot!

Torsten