[Mailman-Users] private archives not working on 2.0.11

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Dec 16 21:05:50 CET 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:20:46AM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> I'm running Mailman 2.0.11 on Debain stable and I can get public archives to
> work, but private archives don't seem to work properly.

As I reported in a post on Dec. 10, I've got the same problem.
Sounds like Debian's package of 2.0.11 is bugged.

So I just checked bugs.debian.org and found it as bug #143271,
complete with a workaround proposed by Nils Rennebarth:

> I got a solution to the problem, and a simple one too:
>
> Just set=20
> PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL =3D '/mailman/private'
> in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py
>
> The reason for the trouble was that I set
>    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
> in apache. If you do this, you do not only need to change the
> DEFAULT_URL
> to http://hostname/mailman, but also PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL to the
> above.

This workaround appears to have my private archives working again.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that