[Mailman-Users] lists not found after upgrade

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Dec 16 19:10:19 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 12:56, Jason Bradley Nance wrote:
> > Sounds like you didn't use the same --prefix argument to ./configure .
>
> I didn't specify a --prefix or use an RPM (or DEB or whatever).  I just
> left it at default.  Did the default change from 2.0.8 to 2.0.13?

Right, that's the point.  You DIDN'T specify a prefix when installing
2.0.13, but obviously you (or someone) DID when installing 2.0.8.  You
need to use the same install location for both versions if you want the
upgrade to work.

The default prefix has always been /home/mailman for the 2.0.x series --
if you had stuff in /var/mailman, it's probably because of an
installation via RPM (or similar), or someone who used a custom prefix.

--Jeremy