[Mailman-Users] Mailman usage for Usenet gatewaying

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Dec 9 08:14:01 CET 2002

    DWR> Looking for examples of Mailman usage for Usenet gatewaying
    DWR> particularly for moderated newsgroups.  I can see the
    DWR> obvious example of comp.lang.python, but maybe there are
    DWR> others ?

Actually, it's comp.lang.python.announce; c.l.py isn't moderated.
Support for this is unofficial in MM2.0, but it is official in MM2.1.
Note though that I haven't converted c.l.py.a to MM2.1 yet.  I believe
gnu.org also runs some mailing lists gated to moderated news groups.

    DWR> Mailman seems to tie a lot of things together, eg. integrated
    DWR> web interface, archiving.  It's also user-friendly.  On the
    DWR> downside, there does not seem to be much scope for header
    DWR> manipulation at present, eg. headers like Path/XRef/NNTP- are
    DWR> mailed.

Would be easy to add stripping of any headers, but is there a
particular reason why they need to be stripped?

-Barry