[Mailman-Users] Mailman usage for Usenet gatewaying

Darren Wyn Rees darren at A470.com
Sun Dec 8 19:56:04 CET 2002

Looking for examples of Mailman usage for Usenet gatewaying
particularly for moderated newsgroups.  I can see the
obvious example of comp.lang.python, but maybe there are
others ?

I am evaluating Mailman... currently mirroring articles on
a local test newsgroup.  Thus far, it proves impressive.

I have used Russ Allbery's robust News::Gateway toolkit,
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/gateway/ along with ezmlm
and Majordomo.

Mailman seems to tie a lot of things together, eg. integrated
web interface, archiving.  It's also user-friendly.  On the
downside, there does not seem to be much scope for header
manipulation at present, eg. headers like Path/XRef/NNTP-
are mailed.

--
Darren