[Mailman-Users] Importing archives

David Gordon davidgordon at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 8 11:50:32 CET 2002

I know I can import an archive to a new list, cos I read the FAQs...

>5.1. How do I import an archive into a new mailing list?
>If your archive is in mbox format copy it to

>then run

>If it's not in mbox format then you need to figure out how to convert it
>from whatever form it's in to mbox

I am moving a list to Mailman. It would be nice to re-create the archive.
Do I have to create an mbox for each month, or do I just put all of the
messages in one mbox?

I have about 7500 messages going back a couple of years. But I think
there are more somewhere. Can I add those messages later? Or is importing
an archive a once only event.

I think I want the archive to be in monthly view, if that makes any
difference.

Thanks

--
David Gordon