[Mailman-Users] Wrong sender information?

Matthew Davis bigdog at dogpound.vnet.net
Mon Dec 2 21:47:22 CET 2002

I think I see where it's coming from..

line 107 of cron/mailpasswds

|        mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
|        if not a_public_list and mlist.advertised:
|            a_public_list = mlist
|        if not mlist.send_reminders:
|            continue
|        listaddr = mlist.GetListEmail()
|        listreq = mlist.GetRequestEmail()
|        umbrella = mlist.umbrella_list

So it is intentional.  and fruther up the file i see..

|def mail_passwords(mlist, hosts):
|    """Send each user their complete list of passwords.
|
|    The list can be any random one - it is only used for the message
|    delivery mechanism.  Users are grouped by virtual host.
|    """

So they pick one and use it to send from, and the one they pick is public and advertized, which would pose little risk..  Which now that I think about it, that makes sense why its done..

So just ignore my last post, from the looks of it, thats just "How it is, deal with it."

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/