[Mailman-Users] Serialize?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Aug 29 18:14:37 CEST 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:08:00 -0700
G Armour Van Horn <vanhorn at whidbey.com> wrote:

> But not until you say so!

As with all software upgrades you get to decide when something is ready
for deployment on your systems, nobody else.  The criteria you use for
those decisions is private to you and has no necessary relations to the
criteria or statements of anyone else.

  Translation: Make up your own mind, make your own choices, support
  your arguments with your own reasoning.

There are several production systems that I'm runnign straight out of
that source base's CVS repository.  You can't get much more raw than
that.  Similarly there are several other production systems that are two
or three whole major versions back in the past purely becuase I don't
trust the current versions.

Inform youself of the layout and values of the the field and then pick.
This is OSS.  There are no magic "This product is now golden" bullets.

--
J C Lawrence