[Mailman-Users] Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 0, GOT gid 12. (Reconfigure to take 12?)

Luke Middle ftlbm at aurora.uaf.edu
Tue Aug 13 21:16:41 CEST 2002

configure will be much happier if you provide the number.  It is
telling you what number to use!  :)  reconfigure with 12.  Dunno how
your particular passwd is set up but it appears that mail is running
under gid 12 so...you have a line something like this in /etc/passwd
"mail:x:8:12:mail:/var/spool/mail:" note the 12, that is the gid
number.  You prolly want to check the nobody number and have that in
the --with-cgi-gid= part of configure.

cd <install path>
make clean
./configure --with-mail-gid=12 --with-whatever-other-options
make install

hope this helps,
-L