[Mailman-Users] How to debug mailman problems?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Aug 8 07:18:55 CEST 2002

On 8/7/02 10:03 PM, "Tom Limoncelli" <tal at whatexit.org> wrote:

> The file logs/error gets this line appended to it:
>
> Aug 08 00:58:05 2002 (17824) Could not acquire qrunner lock

That's normal. Mailman spawns qrunner once a minute from cron. If qrunner is
already running, there's a lock set and the new qrunner exits with that
error.

The locks are in ~mailman/qrunner. Check ps to see if there's a qrunner
process running. If not, you can blow away those locks and clear the
deadlock on the qrunner process (but in theory, it should time out and
unlock itself, too)

> Permissions on the locks directory are:
> drwxrwsr-x   2 mailman  mailman      512 Aug  8 01:00 .

Make sure everything is clean by running ~mailman/bin/check_perms. Fix with
check_perms -f until it runs clean.

> Possibly unrelated question:  The old qfiles directory had 3000 files
> in it.  I moved them to a temporary directory for the time being.  When
> I get all this up and running can I move the files back into place and
> expect them to be processed or is there a side-database of files to be
> processed?

That should work.

> P.S.  The 2.0.12 configure script doesn't run using Solaris sh or
> bash.  "ksh configure" worked.

Known problem, I believe. One of the reasons Barry rolled 13. (hey, you're
already downrev! snicker)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.