[Mailman-Users] How to debug mailman problems?

Tom Limoncelli tal at whatexit.org
Thu Aug 8 07:03:41 CEST 2002

After much recommendation, I've upgraded to 2.0.12.  However, I'm still
having the same problem.  Email gets to the "wrapper post" mechanism,
the .msg and .db files appear in the qfiles directory, but no messages
go out.

The file logs/error gets this line appended to it:

Aug 08 00:58:05 2002 (17824) Could not acquire qrunner lock

Permissions on the locks directory are:
drwxrwsr-x   2 mailman  mailman      512 Aug  8 01:00 .

Any suggestions?

Possibly unrelated question:  The old qfiles directory had 3000 files
in it.  I moved them to a temporary directory for the time being.  When
I get all this up and running can I move the files back into place and
expect them to be processed or is there a side-database of files to be
processed?

Also, someone suggested that they had seen similar problems
when the mbox files started to get "too large".  How might
I rotate them?

Thanks,

--tal

P.S.  The 2.0.12 configure script doesn't run using Solaris sh or
bash.  "ksh configure" worked.

--
Tom Limoncelli -- tal at whatexit.org       BiZone's regional conference:
http://whatexit.org/tal                     "ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES"