[Mailman-Users] How to debug mailman problems?

Tom Limoncelli tal at whatexit.org
Wed Aug 7 08:42:12 CEST 2002

Posting has stopped working for my mailman site.  It was working for
years and suddenly things have halted.  (Web access and other functions
work).  python 1.6, mailman 2.0beta6, Solaris 2.7, latest apache,
latest postfix.  (Yes, I know I should upgrade but the last time I did
the master password stoppped working so I reverted)

Here's the problem I'm having right now:

When I post a mesage, I see from /var/log/maillog that the message is
getting to the system.

262E29E: to=<udi-tech at whatexit.org>, relay=local, delay=9, status=sent ("|/opt/mailman/mail/wrapper post udi-tech")

The new .db and .msg files appear in the qfiles directory.

However, the message never gets sent and the qfiles
directory seems to grow larger and larger.

I don't see anyplace where a methodological system for
debugging mailman problems is documented.  This is extremely
frustrating.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm traveling right now and its very frustrating to know that
back home, 14 timezones away, I have more than a dozen mailing
lists that aren't working.

Visiting down under,
--tal

Tom Limoncelli -- tal at whatexit.org