[Mailman-Users] unsubscribing without password?

JustinHoMi at aol.com JustinHoMi at aol.com
Sat Aug 3 18:44:42 CEST 2002

Yeah, I understand this, but it's too much of a hassle for users to have to retrieve their password like this. Not everyone is as computer savvy as you might think... all of the people on my list are international students. Most don't speak english well, and many of them will never of even used a computer before they arrived in the US. Other listservs make it very simple to unsubscribe... with majordomo, you just send an email with "unsubscribe <listname>" to a certain address. Ezmlm is even easier than that... just send any email to the unsubscribe address. The chances are SLIM that you'll accidentally unsubscribe yourself. They're even slimmer that some evil fool will try to unsubscribe you. I love mailman... it's by far my favorite listserv, but this one issue is keeping me from using it. :(

Justin