[Mailman-Users] Approval notice

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 12:06:08 CEST 2002

At 08:09 01/08/2002 -0700, Fawad Khan wrote:
>After creating a new test list I set the option under privacy options
>That the mails being sent to this mail need not be approved by an
>Administrator but I still keep getting the following mail.
>
>But, then it never sends me an email asking me to approve or disapprove
>this Email. Ideally I'd like it to post the mail without the approval
>but cannot
>think of any other option other than the privacy option that I have
>already checked.
>
>I am the admin of the concerned list.
>
>Thanks,
>Fawad.

For some (good) reason Mailman does not see the incoming mail being
delivered to the list as being addressed directly to the list. Mailman is
not seeing what it believes to be the expected mail name or mail domain in
the To: header of the post.

 From the information above it appears that the Mailman thinks the list's
mail alias should be fawad3 at gold.woodsidenet.com.

However I see that the mail alias originating the post (and responded to)
is perforce at gold.eng.woodsidenet.com.

You need to double check your MTA setup, mail aliases, and the actual mail
alias you sent the test mail to.

You also want to take a look at the detail of To: headers displayed in the
list's administrative tasks page when this happens; follow the link on the
admin notification email.