[Mailman-Users] some newbie questions

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Aug 1 19:20:35 CEST 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:27:56 -0300
Marcelo Assis <sema.marcelo at telemigcelular.com.br> wrote:

> 1- can we set ONE indivual member into moderated mode, so we can
> approve/deny all his messages before they get to the list, instead of
> putting the WHOLE list in moderated mode?

Yes, but Mailman v2.0 is really not built for this

> 2- can we set scheduled messages to be sent, like every week, every
> two weeks, every month, etc? like a "list rules message" sent to every
> member when they subscribe and a "why did u leave?" message sent to
> every unsubscriber?

You would do this outside of Mailman, most likely as a cronjob.

> 3- hability to define a filter, where if certain words appear on the
> subject or message body make that messages immediatly hold down for
> approval or bounced to the moderators?

Yes.

> Please, bear in mind that we WONT have sheel acount on the linux box
> that might run the mailing list server, so we wont be able to do
> anything that might requires a direct login and any sort of
> configuration on the linux box. All we will have is access to the web
> panel of mailman.

For the cronjob mentioned above you'd merely require access to some
system somewhere, it could even be your desktop, that can run a specific
job/program at a specified time interval.  That program then sends the
desired email to the list....

--
J C Lawrence