[Mailman-Users] Trouble with LARGE mailing list

Juergen Geinitz geinitz at novalis-media.de
Tue Apr 23 16:36:03 CEST 2002

Jon Carnes wrote:

> Wow, what a cool problem...  I think that v 2.1 (once it is out of beta) is
> for you.
>
> Here is an obscure thought - what if you actually set aside some memory for
> a ram drive - say about 64 Mb and then backed up the directory
> ~mailman/lists/<listname>/.. to the RAM drive, then moved the physical
> mapping of that directory and mapped the RAM drive there.

Brilliant idea!! I tried that and it works fine. A new subscribe process
now only needs 1/3 of time inside the system and therefore apache has
almost no need to queue them up. I think that will fill the gap 'til 2.1

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your "obscure thought"

Juergen
--
novalis media
  Ein Bereich der Vereinigte Verlagsanstalten GmbH -