[Mailman-Users] mailman and qmail

abw abw at hosting2000.com
Fri Apr 5 01:31:20 CEST 2002

I asked this question earlier and didn't quite get a clear response, so I
will post it again. I apologize if I have missed any other lectures about it.

The system we are using is an Intel based machine with Solaris x86 version
8, Mailman 2.0.6, and Qmail 1.03, along with all of the current qmail add ons.

I had a user who lost his domain name and had to re-register with the org
version. He went into the mailman control panel and changed all com
versions to org. According to him, the mailman list was working the whole
time before switching the domain name. Now that this has happened, he
cannot get his confirmation emails when adding someone to his mailing list.

I went ahead and removed his entire mailing list, then recreated it. He
added the administrators emails, then went to adding the users. Once again,
he cannot get the confirmation emails sent. I added his mailing list entry
to /etc/aliases as I have on another sendmail server, but the newaliases
command no longer works, and I suspect this might be why he isn't receiving
the confirmation.

I'm not positive on this, but I don't know what else it can be. The mailing
list installs fine, but the alias file doesn't seem to update. I looked as
best for an answer on google, but all I found were others who are trying to
use qmail and mailman, no real answers. It almost seems that mailman
doesn't recognize any of the email addresses sent to it. Maybe the aliases
file has something to do with this problem? The two valid addresses are
clearly in the administration panel on his list.

Has anybody had success with this? I can't figure out whats wrong. My guess
is there is a configuration problem somewhere, but where? Mailman? Aliases?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aaron