[Mailman-Users] use of MIME stripping plugins

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Apr 2 19:07:09 CEST 2002

    Jo> I'm about ready to try Alex's stripmime.pl, because I've tried every
    Jo> imaginable configuration and can't seem to get the patch from
    Jo> sourceforge to work at all...and no one here has fessed up yet that
    Jo> they've got it working on their install.

    Jo> (using FreeBSD 4.4, sendmail 8.11.6, Python 2.1.1, Mailman 2.0.8)

I had a little difficulty getting StripMime to work with setndmail.  It
turns out that aliases like

    foo:  "| prog1 | prog2 | ... | progN"

don't work because sendmail (or smrsh) strips everything through the last
pipe character.  You need to write a little shell script that does the above
piping and make it the target of the alias.

That said, I have no idea if this is the cause of your problems, but it
might be worth one last try before throwing in the towel on the sf patch.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)