[Mailman-Users] use of MIME stripping plugins

Desert Hawk brooksj at wildhorse.com
Tue Apr 2 18:32:44 CEST 2002

I'm about ready to try Alex's stripmime.pl, because I've tried
every imaginable configuration and can't seem to get the patch from
sourceforge to work at all...and no one here has fessed up yet
that they've got it working on their install.

I even removed the test list and recreated it, to no avail...
pretty multicolored HTML test posts keep coming through  :)

I patched the source, I patched the already installed code, no
change in behavior (meaning no stripping of HTML).  My list guinea
pigs are gonna get annoyed with how many times I've deleted and
recreated this list.

There don't seem to be any docs other than what's in the patch
itself, so I don't know what else there might be that I'm missing.

Does anyone here have this patch working?  The one listed as
"413752 Coerce posts to plain text.* 2001-04-04 17:23 nobody dairiki"

People keep posting references to it to questions about *how* to
strip HTML, but no one seems to want to tell how they got it working  :)

(using FreeBSD 4.4, sendmail 8.11.6, Python 2.1.1, Mailman 2.0.8)

Jo Brooks, Senior Staff Wizard		brooksj at wildhorse dot com
WildHorse.com				"This is a Unix system...I know this!"