[Mailman-Users] Moving lists to a new server

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Sep 12 09:08:35 CEST 2001

Mike Barnes wrote:

> The base path of the installation changed from /localhome/mailman to
> /var/mailman and while we're mostly functional there are errors cropping
> up related to the archive paths. After doing some digging and a couple
> of recursive greps, I've discovered there is a reference to
> /localhome/mailman kept in the config.db file under lists/listname.

	This is what ./bin/move_list is for:

	./bin/move_list -h

Move a list to a new directory.

What this really does is just update the three archive list attributes
public_archive_file_dir, private_archive_file_dir, and archive_directory
by
recalculating them based on the new Defaults.  It then saves the list.

Usage:
    move_list [options] listname

    --help
    -h
        Print this help message and exit.

listname must be a valid mailing list name and is required.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130